Cybersecurity tips for Today!
Hackers never give up.
Viruses, Malware, Ransomware, Phishing. The number and variety of attacks continues to grow, making efficient cyber security difficult for most organizations. And with a drastic shortage in trained cyber security professionals, today’s environment has become increasingly complicated and dangerous, it’s always good practice to prepare for the worst. While every effort should be made to keep a client’s system secure, the reality is that absolute security is impossible.
This article is about ways to protect your PC from Cyber attacks. Fight back against Viruses, Malware, and Ransomware.
What is Cybersecurity anyway?
Cybersecurity is the state or process of protecting and recovering computer systems, networks, devices, and programs from any type of Cyber attack.
Don’t become the next target. Fight back.
Make backup and recovery your best defense.
Is your organization ready to recover from a Cyber attack? Get back to business in minutes and hours instead of days and weeks with backup and recovery.
Think before you click
Avoid websites you don’t trust. Don’t open email attachments from people or companies you don’t know. Don’t click on links in unwanted emails. Always hover the mouse over a link (especially a short URL) before clicking on it to see where it will take you. Use CheckShortURL to expand shortened URLs.
If you need to download something from the Internet, an email, an FTP site, a file exchange service, etc., check it over first. Good antivirus software will do it automatically, although you have to make sure it’s running.
Computer Prevention tips
- Use computers and laptops with modern operating systems
- Apply all software updates immediately
- Use paid computer antivirus / malware / ransomware software
- Look after your devices physically
- Be concerned about what physical media you use such as USB Drives
Email Prevention tips
- Only open attachments from trusted senders.
- Check that the sender’s email address is correct. Remember that domain names and display names can easily be spoofed.
- Do not open attachments that require you to enable macros. If you believe the attachment is legitimate, seek guidance from your IT Department.
Protection requires multiple layers of defense, (Yourself) being the first. The risk of letting Viruses, Malware, and Ransomware run rampant through an organization is too large to leave to a single Antivirus. Da3mon Computer uses several unique layers to stop the threat from completing its task, if a single layer fails. We can help you ramp up your cybersecurity.